Safety Training and Evaluation Process
STEP - MERIT BASED SAFETY RECOGNITION FOR THE MERIT SHOP!
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond or Platinum), and your responses are strictly confidential.
SAFETY IS A CORE VALUE - WITH STEP, YOU CAN BUILD UPON IT
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
- STEP Diamond and Platinum recipients eligible for ABC National Safety Excellence Award and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) - CISE award
- 2013 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics, leading to participant benefits in the pre-bid/bid process and when negotiating insurance rates.
2016 STEP Award Winners
International Mechanical Service, Inc.
Leonard Contracting, Inc.
Middleman Construction Company, LLC
Smithers Merchant Builders, L.P.
TIC-The Industrial Company
Keystone Concrete Placement
Marek Brother Systems, Inc.
Metropolitan Contracting Co., LLC
Moore Erection, L.P.
Skanska USA Building, Inc.
Southwest Electrical Contracting Services, Ltd.
Alpha Building Corporation
A/C Technical Services, Ltd.
Aerohead Mechanical, A Division of Aerohead Group, Inc.
HJD Capital Electric Inc.
Huser Construction Co., Inc.
Joeris General Contractors, Ltd.
Jordan Foster Construction
Marksmen General Contractors
MK Marlow Company, LLC
SpawGlass Contractors, Inc.
T & D Moravits and Company
The Koehler Co.
Bartlett Cocke General Contractors, LLC
Central Electrical Ent. & Co.
G.D. Interior Construction, Inc.
Keller-Martin Construction, Inc.
Koontz Construction, Inc.